All agreement and policies are written in English (US). To the extent any translated version of this agreement conflicts with the English version, the English version controls. Hong Kong law apply to all our agreement and policies. If you have questions about us, please contact:
I. The Ad Review Process
- Before ads show up on our website, they’re reviewed to make sure they meet our Advertising Policies. Typically most ads are reviewed within 24 hours, although in some cases it may take longer.
II. We would review the ads according to the following standard:
- Ads must not constitute, facilitate, or promote illegal products, services or activities.
- Ads targeted to minors must not promote products, services, or content that are inappropriate, illegal, or unsafe, or that exploit, mislead, or exert undue pressure on such age groups targeted.
- Ads must not promote the sale or use of the following:
- Illegal, prescription, or recreational drugs;
- Tobacco products and related paraphernalia;
- Unsafe supplements, as determined by VINPE in its sole discretion;
- Weapons, ammunition, or explosives;
- Adult products or services (except for ads for family planning and contraception);or
- 6. Any other illegal products or services, and any other improper products or services determined by VINPE in its sole discretion.
- All ads must not contain any content that violate our Community Standards.
- All ads must not contain any content that infringes upon or violates the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other personal or proprietary rights.
- All ads must not contain any adult content includes nudity, decoctions of people in explicit or suggestive positions, or activities that are overly suggestive or sexually provocative.
- All ads must not contain any content that asserts or implies personal attributes. This includes direct or indirect assertions or implications about a person’s race, ethnic origin, religion, beliefs, age, sexual orientation or practices, gender identity, disability, medical condition (including physical or mental health), financial status, membership in a trade union, criminal record, or name.
- All ads must not contain any deceptive, false, or misleading content, including deceptive claims, offers, or business practices.
- All ads must not contain any content that exploits controversial political or social issues for commercial purposes.
- All ads must not contain any audio or flash animation that plays automatically without a person's interaction or expands within VINPE after someone clicks on the ad.
- All ads must not contain any non-functional landing pages. This includes landing pages that interfere with a person’s ability to navigate away from the page.
- All ads must not contain spyware, malware, or any software that results in an unexpected or deceptive experience. This includes links to sites containing these products.
- All ads must not contain bad grammar or punctuation, and all symbols, numbers, and letters must be used properly.
- All ads must not contain any image, audio or flash animation that portray nonexistent functionality.
- All ads must not contain any image, audio or flash animation that contain "before-and-after" images or images that contain unexpected or unlikely results.
- Any additional terms or guidelines an ads may subject to for you to use any specific VINPE related products or services.
III. The advertisement policies apply to all ads and commercial content appearing on the VINPE website, or within VINPE’s app or other apps on VINPE
IV. Advertisers are responsible for understanding and complying with all applicable laws and regulations. Failure to comply may result in a variety of consequences, including,but not limited to, the cancellation of ads you have placed and termination of your account.
- If you are managing ads on behalf of other advertisers, each advertiser or client must be managed through separate ad accounts. You must not change the advertiser or client associated with an established ad account; set up a new account. You are responsible for ensuring that each advertiser complies with these Advertising Policies.
- We reserve the right to reject, approve or remove any ad for any reason, in our sole discretion, including ads that negatively affect our relationship with our users or that promote content, services, or activities, contrary to our competitive position, interests, or advertising philosophy.
- All policies are subject to change at any time without notice to users.
Statement of Rights and Responsibilities
This Statement of Rights and Responsibilities ("Statement," "Terms," or "SRR") is our terms of service that governs our relationship with users and others who interact with VINPE as well as VINPE brands, products and services, which we call the “VINPE Services” or “Services”. By using or accessing the VINPE Services, you agree to this Statement, as updated from time to time.Because VINPE provides a wide range of Services, we may ask you to review and accept supplemental terms that apply to your interaction with a specific app, product, or service. To the extent those supplemental terms conflict with this SRR, the supplemental terms associated with the app, product, or service govern with respect to your use of such app, product or service to the extent of the conflict.
- Your privacy is very important to us. We make sure you are aware of any important disclosures about how you can useVINPE to share with others and how we collect and can use your content and information.
II. Sharing Your Content and Information
- You own all of the content and information you post on VINPE, and you can control how it is shared through your privacy and application settings. When you publish content or information using the Public setting, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people off of VINPE, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you.
- For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos (IP content), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your privacy and application settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with VINPE (IP License). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.Please bear in mind that when you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer, and the removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
- When you use an application, the application may ask for your permission to access your content and information as well as content and information that others have shared with you. We require applications to respect your privacy, and your agreement with that application will control how the application can use, store, and transfer that content and information.
- We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about VINPE, but you understand that we may use your feedback or suggestions without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
- We do our best to keep VINPE safe, but we cannot guarantee it. In order to help us keep VINPE, you should observe following requirement:
- You will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on VINPE.
- You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access VINPE, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our prior permission.
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on VINPE.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You will not post content that: is hate speech, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not develop or operate a third-party application containing alcohol-related, dating or other mature content (including advertisements) without appropriate age-based restrictions.
- You will not use VINPE to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working or appearance of F VINPE, such as a denial of service attack or interference with page rendering or other VINPE functionality.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement or our policies.
IV. Registration and Account Security
- VINPE users provide theirauthentic names and information, and we need your help to keep it that way. Here are some commitments you make to us relating to registering and maintaining the security of your account:
- You will not provide any false personal information on VINPE, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without such person’s permission.
- You will not create more than one personal account.
- When any of your personal information changes, you will update it within 48 hours.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- You will not use your personal timeline primarily for your own commercial gain, and will use a VINPE Page for such purposes.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password (or in the case of developers, your secret key), let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- If you select a username or similar identifier for your account or Page, we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe it is appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user's actual name).
V. Protecting People's Rights
We respect other people's rights, and expect you to do the same:
- One shall not post content or take any action on VINPE that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
- We can remove any content or information you post on VINPE if we believe that it violates this Statement or our policies.
- If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
- You will not use our copyrights or Trademarks or any confusingly similar marks unless you get our prior written permission.
- You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on VINPE.
- You will not tag users or send email invitations to non-users without their consent. VINPE offers social reporting tools to enable users to provide feedback about tagging.
VI. Using VINPE on Mobile Devices
- We currently provide ourmobile services for free, but please be aware that your carrier's normal rates and fees, such as text messaging and data charges, will also apply.
- In the event you change or deactivate your mobile telephone number, you will update your account information on VINPE within 48 hours to ensure that your messages are not sent to the person who acquires your old number.
- You provide consent and all rights necessary to enable other users to sync (including through an application) their devices with any information that is visible to them on VINPE.
VII. About Advertisements and Other Commercial Content Served or Enhanced by VINPE.
- Our goal is to deliver advertising and other commercial or sponsored content that is valuable to our users and advertisers. In order to help us do that, you agree to give us permission to use your name, profile picture, content, and information in connection with commercial, sponsored, or related content (such as a brand you like) served or enhanced by us. This means, for example, that you permit a business or other entity to pay us to display your name and/or profile picture with your content or information, without any compensation to you.
VIII. Special Provisions Applicable to Software
- If you download or use our software, such as a stand-alone software product, an app, or a browser plugin, you agree that from time to time, the software maydownload and install upgrades, updates and additional features from us in order to improve, enhance, and further develop the software.
- You will not modify, create derivative works of, decompile, or otherwise attempt to extract source code from us, unless you are expressly permitted to do so under an open source license, or we give you express written permission.
- We’ll notify you before we make changes to this SRR and give you the opportunity to review and comment on the revised terms before continuing to use our Services.
- If we make changes to other policies, guidelines or other terms referenced in or incorporated by this Statement, we may provide notice on VINPE website.
- Your continued use of the VINPE Services, following notice of the changes to our terms, policies or guidelines, constitutes your acceptance of our amended terms, policies or guidelines.
If you violate this Statement literally or spiritually, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing all or part of VINPE to you solely in our discretion. We will notify you by email or at the next time you attempt to access your account. You may also choose delete your account or disable your application at any time. In all such cases, this Statement shall terminate.
- You will resolve any claim, cause of action or dispute (claim) you have with us arising out of or relating to this Statement or VINPE exclusively in Hong Kong and you agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of litigating all such claims. The laws ofHong Kong will govern this Statement, as well as any claim that might arise between you and us, regardless to conflict of law provisions.
- If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on VINPE, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim. Although we provide rules for user conduct, we do not control or direct users' actions on VINPE and are not responsible for the content or information users transmit or share on VINPE. We are not responsible for any offensive, inappropriate, obscene, unlawful or otherwise objectionable content or information you may encounter on VINPE. We are not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any user of VINPE or other VINPE’s .
- WE TRY TO KEEP VINPE UP, BUG-FREE, AND SAFE, BUT YOU USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK. WE ARE PROVIDING VINPE AS IS WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT VINPE WILL ALWAYS BE SAFE, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE OR THAT VINPE WILL ALWAYS FUNCTION WITHOUT DISRUPTIONS, DELAYS OR IMPERFECTIONS. VINPE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR DATA OF THIRD PARTIES, AND YOU RELEASE US, OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY CLAIMS AND DAMAGES, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH ANY CLAIM YOU HAVE AGAINST ANY SUCH THIRD PARTIES. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS STATEMENT OR VINPE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- By "VINPE" or” VINPE Services” we mean the features and services we make available, including through (a) our website at www.vinpe.org and any other VINPE branded or co-branded websites (including sub-domains, international versions, widgets, and mobile versions); (b) our Platform; (c) social plugins such as the Like button, the Share button and other similar offerings; and (d) other media, brands, products, services, software (such as a toolbar), devices, or networks now existing or later developed. VINPE reserves the right to designate, in its sole discretion, that certain of our brands, products, or services are governed by separate terms and not this SRR.
- By "Platform" we mean a set of APIs and services (such as content) that enable others, including application developers and website operators, to retrieve data from VINPE or provide data to us.
- By "information" we mean facts and other information about you, including actions taken by users and non-users who interact with VINPE.
- By "content" we mean anything you or other users post, provide or share using VINPE Services.
- By "data" or "user data" or "user's data" we mean any data, including a user's content or information that you or third parties can retrieve from VINPE or provide to VINPE through Platform.
- By "post" we mean post on VINPE or otherwise make available by using VINPE.
- By "use" we mean use, run, copy, publicly perform or display, distribute, modify, translate, and create derivative works of.
- By "application" we mean any application or website that uses or accesses Platform, as well as anything else that receives or has received data from us. If you no longer access Platform but have not deleted all data from us, the term application will apply until you delete the data.
- By “Trademarks” we mean the list of trademarks
- This Statement makes up the entire agreement between parties regarding VINPE, and supersedes any prior agreements.
- If any portion of this Statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
- Any amendment to or waiver of this Statement must be made in writing and signed by us, and our failure to enforce any right does not constitute a waiver of such right.
- You will not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this Statement to anyone else without our consent.
- All of our rights and obligations under this Statement are freely assignable by us in connection with a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets, or by operation of law or otherwise.
- Nothing in this Statement shall prevent us from complying with the law.
- This Statement does not confer any third party beneficiary rights.
- We reserve all rights not expressly granted to you.
- You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing VINPE.
- By using or accessing VINPE Services, you agree that we can collect and use such content and information in accordance with the Data Policy as amended from time to time. You may also want to review the following documents, which provide additional information about your use of VINPE:
- Payment Terms: These additional terms apply to all payments made on or through VINPE, unless it is stated that other terms apply.
- Platform Page: This page helps you better understand what happens when you add a third-party application or use VINPE Connect, including how they may access and use your data.
- VINPE Platform Policies: These guidelines outline the policies that apply to applications, including Connect sites.
- Advertising Policies: These guidelines outline the policies that apply to advertisements placed on VINPE.
- Self-Serve Ad Terms: These terms apply when you use the Self-Serve Ad Interfaces to create, submit, or deliver any advertising or other commercial or sponsored activity or content.
- Promotions Guidelines: These guidelines outline the policies that apply if you offer contests, sweepstakes, and other types of promotions on VINPE.
- VINPE Brand Resources: These guidelines outline the policies that apply to use of VINPE trademarks, logos and screenshots.
- How to Report Claims of Intellectual Property Infringement
- Pages Terms: These guidelines apply to your use of VINPE Pages.
- Community Standards: These guidelines outline our expectations regarding the content you post to VINPE and your activity on VINPE.
VINPE’s mission is to spread knowledge and uplift values. As we work to achieve this goal, we expect all of our employees, users and others who interact with VINPE as well as VINPE brands, products and services, to follow our Code of Conduct and to always act lawfully, honestly, and ethically.
Our mission is to spread knowledge and uplift values across Africa and the world, and and we want people feel safe and comfortable when they using VINPE. For that reason, we’ve developed a set of standards outlined below to help you understand what type of sharing is allowed and what may be reported and removed. However, please remember that something on our web may be disagreeable or disturbing to you may not violate our Community Standards because of the diversity of our community.(following provisions are copied from vinpe.org)
- Each member shall abide by VINPE’s Code of Conduct. They define what we all stand for and aim at achieving.
- You shall behave as a gentleman or a lady in all circumstances;
- You shall respect each member of VINPE, regardless of the member's religion, sex, appearance, affiliation, or any other characteristic. Open-mindedness is the keyword;
- You shall promote Pan-Africanism, because in unity lies strength;
- You shall seek excellence, in anything you do;
- You shall assist any other member of VINPE, to the best of your abilities;
- You shall not send, forward, sell, advertise, or otherwise disseminate any false information;
- You shall promote meritocracy around you at all times;
- You shall have a “can do” approach to any task you do within VINPE;
- You shall use VINPE to acquire and share knowledge, because ignorance leads to chaos and knowledge leads to prosperity;
- You shall do your utmost to respect and promote VINPE's values.
- If any member shall willfully refuse or neglect to comply with the provisions of these Articles and Bylaws, or shall be guilty of conduct unworthy of a gentleman or lady, such member shall be liable to expulsion by a resolution of MySIMAX.
- A member expelled for violation of the Code of Conduct shall forfeit all rights in and claims upon VINPE, including and not limited to: rewards, credits, and goods at time of the violation.
I. What kinds of information do we collect?
- Things you do and information you provide.
- We collect the content and other information you provide when you use our Services, including when you sign up for an account, create or share, and message or communicate with others. This can include information in or about the content you provide, such as the location of a photo or the date a file was created.
- We also collect information about how you use our Services, such as the types of content you view or engage with or the frequency and duration of your activities.
- Things others do and information they provide.
- We also collect content and information that other people provide when they use our Services, including information about you, such as when they share a photo of you, send a message to you, or upload, sync or import your contact information.
- Your networks and connections.
- We collect information about the people and groups you are connected to and how you interact with them, such as the people you communicate with the most or the groups you like to share with. We also collect contact information you provide if you upload, sync or import this information (such as an address book) from a device.
- Information about payments.
- If you use our Services for purchases or financial transactions (like when you buy something on VINPE, make a purchase in a game, or make a donation), we collect information about the purchase or transaction. This includes your payment information, such as your credit or debit card number and other card information, and other account and authentication information, as well as billing, shipping and contact details.
- Device information.
- We collect information from or about the computers, phones, or other devices where you install or access our Services, depending on the permissions you’ve granted. We may associate the information we collect from your different devices, which helps us provide consistent Services across your devices. Here are some examples of the device information we collect:
- Attributes such as the operating system, hardware version, device settings, file and software names and types, battery and signal strength, and device identifiers.
- Device locations, including specific geographic locations, such as through GPS, Bluetooth, or WiFi signals.
- Connection information such as the name of your mobile operator or ISP, browser type, language and time zone, mobile phone number and IP address.
- Information from websites and apps that use our Services.
- We collect information when you visit or use third-party websites and apps that use our Services (like when they offer our Like button or VINPE LogIn or use our measurement and advertising services). This includes information about the websites and apps you visit, your use of our Services on those websites and apps, as well as information the developer or publisher of the app or website provides to you or us.
- Information from third-party partners.
- We receive information about you and your activities on and off VINPE from third-party partners, such as information from a partner when we jointly offer services or from an advertiser about your experiences or interactions with them.
- VINPE companies.
- We receive information about you from companies that are owned or operated by VINPE, in accordance with their terms and policies.
II. How do we use this information?
Generally, we use all of the information we have to help us provide and support our Service, i.e., to create engaging and customised experiences for users by using the information in the following way:
- Provide, improve and develop Services.
- We are able to deliver our Services, personalize content, and make suggestions for you by using this information to understand how you use and interact with our Services and the people or things you’re connected to and interested in on and off our Services.
- We also use information we have to provide shortcuts and suggestions to you. For example, we are able to suggest that your friend tag you in a picture by comparing your friend's pictures to information we've put together from your profile pictures and the other photos in which you've been tagged. If this feature is enabled for you, you can control whether we suggest that another user tag you in a photo using the “Timeline and Tagging” settings.
- When we have location information, we use it to tailor our Services for you and others, like helping you to check-in and find local events or offers in your area or tell your friends that you are nearby.
- We conduct surveys and research, test features in development, and analyze the information we have to evaluate and improve products and services, develop new products or features, and conduct audits and troubleshooting activities.
- Communicate with you.
- We use your information to send you marketing communications, communicate with you about our Services and let you know about our policies and terms. We also use your information to respond to you when you contact us.
- Show and measure ads and services.
- We use the information we have to improve our advertising and measurement systems so we can show you relevant ads on and off our Services and measure the effectiveness and reach of ads and services. Learn more about advertising on our Services and how you can control how information about you is used to personalize the ads you see.
- Promote safety and security.
- We use the information we have to help verify accounts and activity, and to promote safety and security on and off of our Services, such as by investigating suspicious activity or violations of our terms or policies. We work hard to protect your account using teams of engineers, automated systems, and advanced technology such as encryption and machine learning. We also offer easy-to-use security tools that add an extra layer of security to your account. For more information about promoting safety on VINPE, visit the VINPE Security Help Center.
III. How is this information shared?
- Sharing On Our Services
- People you share and communicate with. When you share and communicate using our Services, you choose the audience who can see what you share. For example, when you post on VINPE, you select the audience for the post, such as a customized group of individuals, all of your Friends, or members of a Group. Likewise, when you use Messenger, you also choose the people you send photos to or message.
- Public information is any information you share with a public audience, as well as information in your Public Profile, or content you share on a VINPE Page or another public forum. Public information is available to anyone on or off our Services and can be seen or accessed through online search engines, APIs, and offline media, such as on TV.
- In some cases, people you share and communicate with may download or re-share this content with others on and off our Services. When you comment on another person’s post or like their content on VINPE, that person decides the audience who can see your comment or like. If their audience is public, your comment will also be public.
- Other people may use our Services to share content about you with the audience they choose. For example, people may share a photo of you, mention or tag you at a location in a post, or share information about you that you shared with them. If you have concerns with someone’s post, you can report to us by the way provided below or take any other proper way.
- Apps, websites and third-party integrations on or using our Services.
- When you use third-party apps, websites or other services that use, or are integrated with, our Services, they may receive information about what you post or share. For example, when you play a game with your VINPE friends or use the VINPE Comment or Share button on a website, the game developer or website may get information about your activities in the game or receive a comment or link that you share from their website on VINPE.
- When you download or use such third-party services, they can access your Public Profile, which includes your username or user ID, your age range and country/language, your list of friends, as well as any information that you share with them. Information collected by these apps, websites or integrated services is subject to their own terms and policies.
- Sharing within VINPE companies.
- We share information we have about you within the family of companies that are part of VINPE.
- Sharing with Vendors, service providers and other partners.
- We transfer information to vendors, service providers, and other partners who globally support our business, such as providing technical infrastructure services, analyzing how our Services are used, measuring the effectiveness of ads and services, providing customer service, facilitating payments, or conducting academic research and surveys. These partners must adhere to strict confidentiality obligations in a way that is consistent with this Data Policy and the agreements we enter into with them.
- We want our advertising to be as relevant and interesting as the other information you find on our Services. With this in mind, we use all of the information we have about you to show you relevant ads. We do not share information that personally identifies you (personally identifiable information is information like name or email address that can by itself be used to contact you or identifies who you are) with advertising, measurement or analytics partners unless you give us permission. We may provide these partners with information about the reach and effectiveness of their advertising without providing information that personally identifies you, or if we have aggregated the information so that it does not personally identify you. For example, we may tell an advertiser how its ads performed, or how many people viewed their ads or installed an app after seeing an ad, or provide non-personally identifying demographic information (such as 25 year old female, in Madrid, who likes software engineering) to these partners to help them understand their audience or customers, but only after the advertiser has agreed to abide by our advertiser guidelines.
- Sharing with Potential New Owners
- If the ownership or control of all or part of our Services or their assets changes, we may transfer your information to the new owner.
IV. How can I manage or delete information about me?
- Deletion of your information. We store data for as long as it is necessary to provide products and services to you and others, including those described above. Information associated with your account will be kept until your account is deleted, unless we no longer need the data to provide products and services.
- Deletion and deactivation of your account. You can delete your account at any time. When you delete your account, we delete things you have posted, such as your photos and status updates. If you do not want to delete your account, but want to temporarily stop using it, you may deactivate your account instead. Please bear in mind that information that others have shared about you is not part of your account and will not be deleted when you delete your account.
V. How do we respond to legal requests or prevent harm?
- We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the Hong Kong where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. For example, we may provide information to third-party partners about the reliability of your account to prevent fraud and abuse on and off of our Services. Information we receive about you, including financial transaction data related to purchases made with VINPE, may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm. We also may retain information from accounts disabled for violations of our terms for at least a year to prevent repeat abuse or other violations of our terms.
VI. How will we notify you of changes to this policy?
- We’ll notify you before we make changes to this policy and give you the opportunity to review and comment on the revised policy before continuing to use our Services.
Cookies & Other Storage Technologies
I. What are cookies?
- Cookies are small pieces of text used to store information on web browsers. Cookies are used to store and receive identifiers and other information on computers, phones, and other devices. Other technologies, including data we store on your web browser or device, identifiers associated with your device, and other software, are used for similar purposes. In this policy, we refer to all of these technologies as “cookies.”
- Security, site and product integrity
- Advertising, insights and measurement
- Site features and services
- Analytics and research
We may place cookies on your computer or device, and receive information stored in cookies, when you use or visit:
- The VINPE Services;
- Services provided by other members of the VINPE family of companies; and
- Services provided by other companies that use the VINPE Services (such as companies that incorporate the Like button or VINPE’s advertising services into their websites and apps).
- We may also set and receive information stored in cookies from other domains used by the VINPE family of companies
- If you have a VINPE Account:
- Some of the ads you see are based on your activity on websites and apps beyond the VINPE and its affiliated companies. We call this online interest-based advertising. You can control whether you see online interest-based ads fromVINPE in your ad settings.
- You can opt out of seeing online interest-based ads [ ] (is there any way?)
- Your browser or device may offer settings that allow you to choose whether browser cookies are set and to delete them. For more information about these controls, visit your browser or device's help material. Certain parts of the VINPE Services may not work properly if you have disabled browser cookie use.
VINPE pages terms
The following terms, as well as our Data Policy and Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, apply to all Pages on VINPE. Additionally, all content on Pages must comply with our Community Standards. You are also responsible for ensuring that your Page complies with all applicable laws, statutes, and regulations.
- A Page for a brand, entity (place or organisation), or public figure may be administered only by an authorised representative of that brand, entity (place or organisation) or public figure (an "official Page”)
- Any user may create a Page to express support for or interest in a brand, entity (place or organisation), or public figure, provided that it does not mislead others into thinking that it is an official Page or violate someone's rights. If your Page is not the official Page of a brand, entity (place or organisation) or public figure, you must:
- not speak in the voice of, or post content as though it was coming from, the authorised representative of the Page's subject matter; and
- make clear that the Page is not the official Page of the brand, entity (place or organisation) or public figure.
- Content posted to a Page is public and viewable by everyone who can see the Page, and restrictions of the accessibility of your page can be set through [ ]. Please bear in mind that you are required to restrict access to Pages (through our gating functionality) as necessary to comply with applicable laws and VINPE policies, including our Community Standards.
- You may not establish terms for your Page that conflict with our Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, Data Policy or these terms.
II. Page management
- Page names
- Page names must accurately reflect Page content. We may remove administrative rights or require you to change the Page name for any Page that fails to meet this requirement.
- Page names must:
- not consist solely of generic terms (e.g. "beer" or “pizza");
- use proper, grammatically correct capitalisation and may not include all capitals, except for acronyms;
- not include character symbols, such as excessive punctuation and trademark designations;
- not include superfluous descriptions or unnecessary qualifiers;
- not mislead others into thinking it is an official Page of the Page's subject matter or is authorised by an authorised representative of the Page's subject matter; and
- not violate any applicable law or someone's rights.
- Name changes and merges
- Name changes and merges must not result in breaking any name requirement.
- Collection of data
- If you collect content and information directly from users, you will make it clear that you (and not VINPE) are collecting it, and you will provide notice about and obtain user consent for your use of the content and information that you collect. Regardless of how you obtain content and information from users, you are responsible for securing all necessary permissions to reuse their content and information.
- You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access VINPE, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders or scrapers) without our prior permission.
- Do not use information obtained from a person out of a specific purpose for any other purpose without obtaining such person’s explicit consent.
- You must not inaccurately tag content or encourage users to inaccurately tag content (e.g. don't encourage people to tag themselves in photos if they aren't in the photo).